about marine debris
Before you can change the world, it’s important to understand what needs to be changed. Here are some resources to help you learn more about the marine debris problem and how it affects us all:
- NOAA Marine Debris Program: Discover the Issue
Comprehensive overview on marine debris, including types and sources, movement, impacts, and solutions.
- Ocean Today, in partnership with the NOAA Marine Debris Program: TRASH TALK
Regional Emmy Award-winning 15-minute feature on marine debris.
- Environmental Science Journal for Kids: Where Did My Plastic Go?
Scientists are detecting the distribution of plastic waste around the world’s oceans.
- Environmental Science Journal for Kids: How Can We Clean Up Plastic in the Ocean?
Scientists research the best places for plastic-removing devices in the oceans.
- Additional Resources on Marine Debris/Plastic Pollution
Photo Credits: NOAA CREP